Each week, BeerLife Sports writers publish their picks for NFL player prop bets. This is an assessment of those selections, the same as we do for the betting results of The Oracle, the premiere handicapper at BeerLife Sports.
At BeerLife, we believe in sharing the details, the hits, and misses of our staff’s picks in an effort to be the most, if not the only, 100% transparent sports betting information channel.
For NFL Week 16, The Professor was the lone handicapper who made picks.
The results are in, with prices courtesy of DraftKings:
Placed nine bets, went 2-7.
- Rams QB Matthew Stafford over 284.5 yards passing, -115; Stafford over 2.5 TDs passing, +155: Lost (197); Lost (1).
- Colts QB Carson Wentz over 0.5 interceptions, +110: Lost (Zero).
- Cardinals WR A.J. Green over 52.5 yards receiving, -115: Lost (33).
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers over 257.5 yards passing, -115: Lost (202).
- Packers WR Davante Adams over 87.5 yards receiving, -115: Won (114).
- Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase TD scorer, +140: Lost (Zero).
- Bengals WR Tee Higgins TD scorer, +140: Won (2).
- Buccaneers TE Rob Gronkowski TD scorer, +130: Lost (Zero).
Professional footballers turned in a rough week for The Professor, who historically has done well on nailing player props. A pair of receivers posted big numbers that helped cash Adams’ over 87.5 yards receiving and Higgins as a touchdown scorer with two. Higgins’ price at +140 was a good payout.
Stafford underperformed in Minnesota, throwing for 197 yards and one touchdown against three interceptions. Wentz had a clean slate in the interception department. Green hauled in 33 yards on one reception. Rodgers connected with Adams a game-high 10 times that helped Adams’ yards receiving prop but the Packers signal-caller fell 56 yards short of his prop mark. Bengals QB Joe Burrow had 525 yards passing and four touchdowns through the air but, unfortunately for The Professor, none went to Chase. Gronk was targeted twice and had one catch for 23 yards but it was not in the end zone.
View past player props roundups throughout respective weeks here: