Each week, BeerLife Sports writers publish their picks for NFL player prop bets. This is an assessment of those selections, the same as we do for the betting results of The Oracle, the premiere handicapper at BeerLife Sports.
At BeerLife, we believe in sharing the details, the hits, and misses of our staff’s picks in an effort to be the most, if not the only, 100% transparent sports betting information channel.
The results are in:
Placed nine bets, went 4-5.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson over 240.5 yards passing: Won, 260.
- Seahawks WR DK Metcalf to score a touchdown: Lost.
- Seahawks WR Tyler Lockett to score a touchdown: Won, 1.
- Panthers QB Cam Newton under 189.5 yards passing: Won, 178.
- Buccaneers QB Tom Brady under 307.5 yards passing: Lost, 363.
- Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes over 2.5 touchdowns passing: Lost, 2.
- Chiefs RB Darrel Williams under 48.5 total yards: Won, 39.
- Titans QB Ryan Tannehill over 0.5 interceptions: Lost.
- Packers RB A.J. Dillon to score a touchdown: Lost.
The Professor had a couple of bad beats on his selections. The Chiefs hung 48 points on the Raiders. Conventional wisdom would think with that much scoring, Mahomes would have more than two TD passes. Not the case this time. The second bad beat came from the final play of the Bills-Bucs game. Brady had 305 yards passing before hitting WR Breshad Perriman for a 58-yard touchdown in overtime. Tannehill also didn’t help The Professor by throwing all his passes to the Titans.
Placed five bets, went 1-4.
- Jaguars RB James Robinson to score a touchdown; 2+ TDs: Lost; Lost.
- Browns RB Kareem Hunt to score a touchdown: Lost.
- Buccaneers RB Leonard Fournette to score a touchdown: Won, 1.
- Falcons WR Russell Gage to score a touchdown: Lost.
- Bears QB Justin Fields to score at touchdown: Lost.
“Playoff Lenny” Fournette saved Richter from getting skunked across his five player-prop bets. Fournette cashed early for Richter, scoring on a 47-yard run in the first quarter. The Jaguars were shutout. Hunt left Sunday’s win with an ankle injury after two carries. In the Sunday nightcap, Fields tossed two TD passes but couldn’t find the end zone with his legs.
Placed two bets and a two-prop parlay, winning one bet overall.
- Cowboys QB Dak Prescott under 279.5 yards passing. Won, 211.
- Bengals QB Joe Burrow under 240.5 yards passing. Lost, 348.
- Parlay: Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase under 62.5 yards receiving + Burrow under 240.5 yards passing. Lost.
Burrow and his former college teammate lit up the stat sheet against the 49ers. Burrow found Chase five times for 77 yards and two TDs. Chase’s yards receiving output was still fairly low, somewhat in line with where books tabbed his prop bet number. Of his 77 yards, 32 came from one reception.