Each week, BeerLife Sports writers publish their picks for NFL player prop bets. This is an assessment of those selections, the same as we do for the betting results of The Oracle, the premiere handicapper at BeerLife Sports.
At BeerLife, we believe in sharing the details, the hits, and the misses of our staff’s picks in an effort to be the most, if not the only, 100% transparent sports betting information channel.
For NFL Week 13, The Professor, Erich Richter, and Joe Kieman combined to put action on almost two dozen NFL player prop bets.
The results are in:
Bet on nine player props, went 5-4.
- Bengals QB Joe Burrow over 248.5 yards passing. Win, 300
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson over 229.5 yards passing. Win, 231
- Chargers WR Keenan Allen over 79.5 yards receiving. Loss, 34
- Bucs QB Tom Brady over 2.5 touchdowns passing. Win, 4
- Bucs TE Rob Gronkowski over 53.5 yards receiving. Win, 58
- Falcons “RB” Cordarrelle Patterson over 33.5 yards rushing; over 38.5 yards receiving. Win, 78; Loss, 18
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger over 0.5 interceptions. Loss, 0
- Steelers RB Najee Harris under 58.5 yards rushing. Loss, 71
The Professor hit his lone plus-money prop bet, Brady over 2.5 touchdowns passing at +115, as the lord of the rings tossed four TDs. Wilson eclipsed his mark of 229.5 yards passing on his second-to-last pass of the game. His final throw went for no gain. Big Ben, usually good for at least one pass to the other team, threw none.
Bet on nine player props, went 3-6.
- Gronkowski to score a TD; 2+ TDs. Win; Win
- Patriots TE Hunter Henry to score a TD. Loss
- Lions WR Josh Reynolds to score a TD. Loss
- Lions RB Jamaal Williams over 20.5 yards receiving. Loss, 9
- Chargers QB Justin Herbert over 14.5 yards rushing. Loss, 6
- Football Team QB Taylor Heinicke over 15.5 yards rushing. Loss, 10
- Colts RB Jonathan Taylor over 15.5 yards receiving. Loss, 0
- Vikings RB Alexander Mattison over 69.5 yards rushing. Win, 90
Richter cashed bigly on his Gronkowski props. Richter locked in 2+ TDs from Gronk at +900. To score a TD was +135. Easy money. Hunter Henry, a favorite red-zone target of Patriots rookie QB Mac Jones, was shut out on the scoresheet. As were most of the Pats’ receivers since Bill Belitricks’ game plan was to run the ball, then run some more. The run-pass play selection was 46-3.
Bet three player props and a two player parlay, going 2-1 on straight bets and hit his parlay
- Vikings QB Kirk Cousins over 262.5 yards passing. Win, 340
- Vikings WR Justin Jefferson over 84.5 yards receiving. Win, 182
- Raiders QB Derek Carr over 265.5 yards passing. Loss, 249
- Parlay: Cousins over 262.5 yards passing + Jefferson over 84.5 yards receiving. Win
Kieman went with a shortlist of player props and built a no-sweat bet with this two-player parlay at +161. Both Vikings’ players went well over their prop marks. Had Carr thrown for just 17 more yards, it would have been a clean sweep in the win column for Kieman in Week 13.
Mario Sanelli writes about sports betting for BeerLife Sports. He previously was the editorial assistant and a general-assignment reporter at The Denver Post for five years after serving as chief editor of The Metropolitan at MSU Denver. Mario was a NFL and college football insider with Mile High Sports for six years.
You must log in to post a comment.