Now that the Super Bowl is in our rearview mirror, we turn our attention to the beginning of the NFL calendar year, in particular, NFL Free Agency.
With Free Agency set to open up a month from now, we take a look at the top free agents who could change teams and alter the landscape of the entire league.
1) Davante Adams, WR Green Bay Packers: Davante Adams stands head and shoulders above everyone else as the top free agent. In all likelihood, the Green Bay Packers will slap the franchise tag on Adams. The Packers are in cap casualty hell, but if they expect to bring back Aaron Rodgers, they have to bring Davante Adams back as well.
2) J.C. Jackson, CB New England Patriots: Some may be surprised to see J.C. Jackson’s name on this list. Jackson has developed into one of the top cornerbacks in the league. I would be surprised if the Patriots don’t apply the franchise tag here.
3) Orlando Brown, OT Kansas City Chiefs: The Kansas City Chiefs invested in their offensive line when they traded for Orlando Brown the last off-season. I don’t imagine the Chiefs let Orlando Brown hit the open market.
4) Terron Armstead, OT New Orleans Saints: With the New Orleans Saints in a place of transition and 76 million dollars OVER the salary cap, the situation with Terron Armstead could get dicey. Armstead will be a free agent with many suitors looking to upgrade their offensive line.
5) Carlton Davis, CB Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Speaking of teams in transition–see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. With Tom Brady retiring, the Bucs need to find their answer under center. They also have many defensive players hitting free agency. The Bucs cannot re-sign everyone, can they?
6) Chris Godwin, WR Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Sticking with the Buccaneers here with Chris Godwin. Godwin’s situation is trickier as he injured his ACL in 2021. I don’t expect the injury to bog down his value if he can hit the open market.
7) Harold Landry III, DE/OLB Tennessee Titans: I love Harold Landry, and I don’t see how the Titans can let him walk out of the door. Landry provides that speed rush and juice off the edge that many teams in the league desire.
8) Tyrann Mathieu, S Kansas City Chiefs: The Honey Badger will be looking to cash in this off-season. With a reputation for being a clutch player and a team leader, can the Chiefs afford to let him walk out the door?
9) Jessie Bates III, S Cincinnati Bengals: Jessie Bates III has been the Bengals’ best defensive player for several seasons. It is about time the front office does right by him and pays him top dollar.
10) Stephon Gilmore, CB Carolina Panthers: The bloom is off the rose for Stephon Gilmore. Out of sight, out of mind, as we haven’t seen Gilmore perform at a high level for two seasons. Do not forget that Gilmore was one of the best defensive players in the league just a short time ago. I believe an NFL team could find a steal if the collective NFL is sleeping on Stephon Gilmore.
11) Haason Reddick, DE/OLB Carolina Panthers: Carolina has some tough decisions to make this off-season. Haason Reddick has finally tapped into his draft pedigree and potential.
12) Jadeveon Clowney, DE/OLB Tennessee Titans: Jadeveon Clowney has built up a poor reputation around the league. Clowney is a terrific talent, but one with a depreciated value.
13) Chandler Jones, DE/OLB Arizona Cardinals: Chandler Jones is getting a bit long in the tooth, so I imagine NFL front offices will look to sign him to a two-year deal. Jones could be the missing link for a team on the verge of contention.
14) Mike Williams, WR Los Angeles Chargers: Mike Williams has a long list of injuries over the years. Williams is a terrific down-the-field threat, and teams will pay up for his services. With a burgeoning superstar under center in Justin Herbert, I would be surprised if the Chargers didn’t bring Mike Williams back.
15) Marcus Williams, S New Orleans Saints: We mentioned the New Orleans Saints and their cap situation earlier. With so many decisions, I don’t see how they can bring back everyone, especially at top dollar.
16) Odell Beckham Jr., WR Los Angeles Rams:
17) Michael Gallup, WR Dallas Cowboys:
18) Randy Gregory, DE/OLB Dallas Cowboys:
19) De’Vondre Campbell, LB Green Bay Packers:
20) Quandre Diggs, S Seattle Seahawks:
21) Marcus Maye, S New York Jets:
22) D.J. Chark Jr., WR Jacksonville Jaguars:
23) Christian Kirk, WR Arizona Cardinals:
24) JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR Pittsburgh Steelers:
25) Brandon Scherff, IOL Washington Franchise:
26) Von Miller, DE/OLB Los Angeles Rams:
27) Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB Buffalo Bills
28) Ryan Jensen, C Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
29) Emmanuel Ogbah, DE Miami Dolphins:
30) Dalton Schultz, TE Dallas Cowboys:
31) Justin Houston, DE/OLB Baltimore Ravens:
32) Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB Kansas City Chiefs:
33) Jameis Winston, QB New Orleans Saints:
34) Casey Hayward, CB Las Vegas Raiders:
35) Darious Williams, CB Los Angeles Rams:
36) Mike Gesicki, TE Miami Dolphins:
37) David Njoku, TE Cleveland Browns:
38) B.J. Hill, DT Cincinnati Bengals:
39) D’Onta Hightower, LB New England Patriots:
40) Laken Tomlinson, IOL San Francisco 49ers:
You must log in to post a comment.