Many fantasy players play in dynasty leagues and are constantly evaluating the fantasy landscape. Today, we wanted to provide our Top 25 at the quarterback position and give some insight on the transition at the position.
1) Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs (Age: 25.11)
2) Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens (Age: 24.8)
3) Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals (Age: 24.1)
4) Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills (Age: 25.3)
5) Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers (Age: 23.5)
6) Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys (Age: 28.1)
7) Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals (Age: 24.8)
8) Justin Fields, Chicago Bears (Age: 22.6)
9) Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville Jaguars (Age: 21.11)
10) Trey Lance, San Francisco 49ers (Age: 21.4)
11) Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks (Age: 32.9)
12) Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans (Age: 25.11)
13) Mac Jones, New England Patriots (Age: 23.0)
14) Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles (Age: 23.1)
15) Zach Wilson, New York Jets (Age: 22.1)
16) Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams (Age: 33.7)
17) Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (Age: 37.9)
18) Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins (Age: 23.6)
19) Carson Wentz, Indianapolis Colts (Age: 28.8)
20) Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings (Age: 33.0)
21) Derek Carr, Las Vegas Raiders (Age: 30.5)
22) Ryan Tannehill, Tennessee Titans (Age: 33.1)
23) Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns (Age: 26.4)
24) Daniel Jones, New York Giants (Age: 24.3)
25) Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Age: 44.1)
Dynasty Deep Dive:
Patrick Mahomes remains a tier to himself for now. Mahomes has the safety of an Andy Reid offense, Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce. Mahomes doesn’t run like the next tier but still has the highest ceiling of any quarterback in the game.
Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, and Josh Allen are the next trio of gun-slingers to consider. Not just because of what they can do with their arm, but more so with their ability as a runner.
Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow have stepped their game up in 2021. They don’t run the ball enough to make it into the second tier, but they are close behind.
Dak Prescott doesn’t run enough anymore and has slid into the third tier as well.
The quarterback position is about to shift dramatically in fantasy football. We lost Drew Brees to retirement a season ago. We expect Big Ben to step away this year. Tom Brady won’t be far behind.
In steps the next generation of signal-callers–Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, and Trey Lance. Many young quarterbacks struggled mightily in 2021, but there is a sense of optimism around this class.